Software Engineer, MacOS
Redwood City, CA, United States
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer on the MacOS team at Evernote, you'll to help us expand our Mac desktop client’s capabilities.
- Own the entire implementation process from design to release, incorporating feedback from a range of stakeholders (designers, marketing, business development and support)
- Evaluate new technologies and device platforms and provide feasibility assessments and accurate estimates for project implementations
- Work equally effectively refining fine details optimizing a user's experience and architecting scalable reliable systems
- Rapidly create prototypes, synthesize feedback and develop a production quality release candidate
- Develop unit tests and useful code documentation
- Produce useful written source documentation and reports including customer oriented release notes and project status reports
Requirements and Skills:
- Skilled Objective-C, Cocoa GUI programmer
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools and platforms
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture
- Experience with client/server application development
- Experience with unit testing and rapid release cycles
- Experience with CoreData and/or SQL databases
- Experience efficiently transforming XML using SAX and DOM
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of millions of users worldwide, every day.
Evernote encourages a creative, collaborative and supportive work environment. We want to empower each and every one of our employees to make an impact, and our benefits reflect our unique culture. Here's just one example of this: In an attempt to support employees and shorten their commute times, we offer a monthly subsidy for vehicles with an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) sticker, which, in CA, gives access to the carpool lane. We have EV Charging Stations at the office so you can charge while at work. Additional benefits include…
- Competitive Compensation
- Onsite perks: fitness center, boot camp, yoga, and massage
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Unlimited PTO and vacation subsidy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k, life insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Much more…
At Evernote, we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.