About Evernote Design Team and the Role:
The Evernote Design team is the creative force responsible for the user experience and user interface of a variety of different apps built for every major platform today. The design team is an integral voice in the evolution and growth of the Evernote brand and our delivering on our quest to be the first 100-year startup. This means that as our reach and impact continues to grow, we force ourselves to rapidly evolve our thinking and take calculated risks to help people live and work better.
Designers at Evernote play a vital role inside and outside our organization. We are tasked with working collaboratively with product teams to launch new products and evolve existing ones. We must author new ideas and concepts while also refining existing features to continually improve adoption and delight. To keep pace with our continued success, we are adding highly talented designers to our growing team to help us accomplish our goals and continue to build category defining products. If you are a designer that has already established a body of work that has been recognized by your peers and the marketplace, we want to meet you.
- Be a thoughtful voice for our users. You are constantly thinking about new and improved use cases and features that will appeal to our users
- Work in small multidisciplinary product teams to help build products that are beneficial to our company and our users
- Develop high level user stories, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
- Define innovative user experiences that result in improved user productivity
- Be equally comfortable working the details of your designs at a pixel level
- Maintain a high level of visual fidelity across products
- Be nimble. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for desktop, web, or mobile apps
- Proficiency with the common suite of desktop applications used to create the wide variety of materials required to take a solution from concept through code
- Ability to think about a problem from multiple angles to come up with the best design
- Unique drive to continue pushing products forward and innovating
- Proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- Articulate and passionate verbal communicator
- A strong sense of design theory and typography are critical
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- At least 3-5 years of relevant product design experience working on major product releases
- A complete portfolio that shows breadth and depth of work
- Experience working closely with other designers, product managers and developers
- B.S./B.A. in related field or equivalent experience
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO ON YOUR RESUME OR COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION.
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of millions of users worldwide, every day.
Evernote encourages a creative, collaborative and supportive work environment. We want to empower each and every one of our employees to make an impact, and our benefits reflect our unique culture. Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and Restricted Stock Units
- GA travelcard 2nd class
- Paid lunches
- Flexible work time (in agreement with manager)
- Language courses
- Smartphone (with Swisscom plan)
- Much more...
At Evernote, we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.