Evernote makes sharing notes and working together simple. Here are a few ways to share your work with Evernote:
- In Work Chat
- Copy and share a public link to your note in an email or any other app
- Post and share a public link via social networking
More about sharing notes in Work Chat
Share individual notes
Sending a note to a team member lets you point them directly to the content you want them to see.
You can share:
- A travel itinerary or reservation
- A meeting agenda
- A to-do list
- An interesting article you saved from the web
Share notes in Work Chat
To share an individual note in Work Chat:
- Select a note from the note list.
- From the note list, select Share (desktop computers) or tap the Work Chat button, the speech bubble with an arrow (mobile).
Note: In desktop clients, you can drag and drop notes directly from the note list into a chat. With both your note list and chat window open, drag and drop a note anywhere on the chat window. Select the arrow (pointing down) on the 'Share' button to expand the menu for other note sharing options.
- Set the permission level to 'Can edit and invite', 'Can edit', or 'Can view'.
- Enter at least one email address (or select at least one contact), type a message if you'd like to, then click or tap Send.
Once you’ve shared a note with someone, they’ll see a pop-up and Work Chat badge appear on their computer or device to notify them. If your recipients don’t have an Evernote account, they'll receive an email or SMS message* notifying them that they’ve received a Work Chat message from you. They can then choose to sign up or log in to Evernote in order to view your shared notebook and chat with you.
* Note: SMS invitation feature is not available in all countries.
Share a public link (URL) to a note
Note: Currently available on desktop computers and mobile devices
If you want to share a note in another application, you can copy public links and paste them or post them. Once someone has a public link to your note, they will always have the most recent version of your note, and can even save it directly to their Evernote account. Because this is a public link, anyone with that link can see the contents of your note until you stop.
To share a public link to your note, select the note, then do the following:
- Windows: Click the arrow (point down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Copy Share URL.
- Mac: Click the arrow (point down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Copy Public Link.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Open the note, tap the options menu, tap Share, then tap Copy link
- Android: Tap the options menu (near the top of the screen) and select Copy url or Share public link (select the application where you'd like to send the public link).
- Web: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Link.
Email a note
To email a note, select the note from the note list, then do the following:
- Windows: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu and select Send by Email...
- Mac: Select Note > More Sharing > Email Note... from the Evernote menu bar
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Open the note, tap the options menu (three horizontal dots near the bottom of the screen), tap Share, then tap Mail.
- Android: Tap the options menu (near the top of the screen) and select Email a copy
- Web: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Email.
Once people receive your email, they receive a snapshot of the note at the time you shared it. They won't see any content changes that you may make to that note later.
How to change note permissions or stop sharing
To stop sharing a note at any time, you can select a note, then do the following:
- Select Note > Share > Modify Sharing, then uncheck 'Enable public link'
- Select Note > Share > Modify Sharing, then 'Modify individual permissions for this note' and select the 'X' besides the name of the recipient whom you'd like to stop sharing the note with
- Select Note > More Sharing > Stop Sharing Public Link
- Select Note > More Sharing > Permissions... and select the 'X' besides the name of the recipient whom you'd like to stop sharing the note with
iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Tap the info button ('i' inside a circle), tap 'Note Permissions', and Stop sharing. From here you can also change permissions per recipient.
- Select the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Link, select 'Stop sharing note', then click Done.
More about how to share notebooks