Evernote Reimagined For iOS 7
Top Rated Productivity App Launches Today with New Features and a Completely New, Content-First Design for iOS 7
Redwood City, Calif. - September 18, 2013 - Evernote, the company that is helping millions of people remember everything, today introduced a completely redesigned Evernote app for the launch of Apple iOS 7. Featuring a new look and improved interactions inspired by iOS 7’s aesthetics, the new app surfaces content and features so they are just a tap away, making this new design the simplest and most powerful Evernote experience on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to date.
“As app developers, we rarely get the opportunity to stop and completely rethink an experience. We are really excited about iOS 7. It’s like starting fresh, but with five years of knowledge about what Evernote users want. We made everything faster, simpler and more accessible. We can’t wait for our users to see it,” said Jamie Hull, iOS product manager for Evernote.
Evernote for iOS 7 introduces several powerful new features that help Evernote users instantly capture thoughts, do more with the notes they’ve created and navigate their content much faster, including:
- Quick Note: One tap starts a new note from the Evernote home screen
- Quick Reminder: One tap creates a Reminder note that is elevated as important in the note list and can have an explicit due date assigned
- In-app Image Mark-Up: Any image in a note can be quickly annotated with arrows, shapes and text to communicate emphasis or add context
- In-app PDF Mark-Up: Evernote Premium users can instantly annotate PDFs from their iOS devices with text and graphics
- Sharing via AirDrop: Notes can be easily and directly shared between two devices using Apple’s AirDrop
- Background Syncing: Evernote for iOS automatically updates even when it is not in use, keeping notes perfectly synchronized across devices
The design of Evernote for iOS 7 is clean and efficient, emphasizing only the essential features and the content a user is most likely to be interested in. For the first time, certain elements of the Evernote UI are dynamic and are only surfaced when they are relevant, keeping the interface clear of clutter.
The enhanced version of Evernote for iOS 7 is available now from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Evernote.
Evernote builds apps that help people remember everything, work effectively and achieve personal and professional success. Privately held, Evernote is a global company headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout the world. For more information about Evernote and its products, visit www.evernote.com.
For more information, please contact: