Web Application Engineer
Redwood City, CA, United States
At Evernote we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
- Design, implement, unit test, and debug web application features.
- Investigate, fix, debug, and unit test software defects.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong, object-oriented programming skills.
- 0-2 years experience with object-oriented programming, including academic experience and/or internships.
- Strong command of the English language and the ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions effectively.
- Comfort with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Ability to think abstractly.
- Superior attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous technical internship(s).
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Software Development Life Cycle process proficiency.
- Source code control (Git) proficiency.
- Completed Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Career Development Path:
The Web Application Engineer position may be a stepping stone to a Senior Software Engineer position developing major features. Web Application Engineers will obtain experience in both server and client side technologies.
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of more than 65 million users worldwide, every day.
Benefits & Perks:
Evernote encourages a creative, collaborative and supportive work environment. We want to empower each and every one of our employees to make an impact, and our benefits reflect our unique culture. Here's just one example of this: In an attempt to support employees and shorten their commute times, we offer a monthly subsidy for vehicles with an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) sticker, which, in CA, gives access to the carpool lane. We have EV Charging Stations at the office so you can charge while at work. Additional benefits include...
- Competitive Compensation
- Onsite perks: fitness center, boot camp, yoga, and massage
- Catered Lunches and snacks
- Unlimited PTO and vacation subsidy
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, 401k, Life Insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Much more...
Evernote ermöglicht das einfache Erfassen von Informationen mit Ihrem Computer, mit dem Mobiltelefon oder der Kamera und stellt diese Informationen jederzeit zur Verfügung und ermöglicht das Durchsuchen von jedem Standort aus.