Software Engineer Intern
Redwood City, CA, United States
At Evernote we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
Join the Evernote Products group with a role that’s right for you:
(1) Core engineering interns directly contribute to existing products: design and implement software for our Web, iOS, or Android products. You learn from the best technical experts and create world-class applications with supervision and guidance from Evernote developers.
(2) Product design interns partner with our product managers and designers to prototype, test and refine ideas. You will develop new concepts and working prototypes to help us fuel our next products and features. The effort includes UI/UX prototyping with high-level tools that are used in a usability test. Other tasks may include evaluating software libraries, tools and APIs.
Requirements and Skills:
- Smart, motivated, independent and loves to make cool things
- Strong command of English language and the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Completed or currently completing Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Career Development Path:
The position may be a stepping-stone to a full-time Senior Software Engineer developing software products. The Software Engineering Intern can obtain experience in server side and mobile technologies as well as best practices for software development. This is a great opportunity to learn about startup culture in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of more than 65 million users worldwide, every day.
Benefits & Perks:
Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Pourquoi Evernote ?
Evernote vous permet de capturer facilement des informations à l'aide de votre ordinateur, téléphone mobile ou appareil photo. Elles sont ensuite accessible et peuvent être recherchées à tout moment et en tout lieu.