Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Redwood City, CA, United States
At Evernote we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
Evernote is looking for interns or fresh graduates for our new machine learning team!
About The Role:
What if Evernote helped you decide what to make for dinner and automatically created a shopping list from those recipes you clipped? Or noticed that you were planning a trip and reminded you of the "Best Hotels in Paris" article you saved last year?
We have a long history of using machine learning for handwriting and printed character recognition, and now we're tackling a more ambitious challenge: using Evernote should make you smarter. We're looking for talented engineers with a machine learning background to apply cutting-edge data mining techniques to help people contextualize and understand their memories. Come work with a huge, one-of-a-kind data set and help millions of people organize and improve their lives.
- Design and develop scalable systems that apply data mining techniques to hundreds of millions of notes, web pages, and other types of content.
- Participate in the full machine learning system implementation process: prototyping, assembling training data, model design, feature selection, system implementation, and evaluation.
- Understand the Evernote user experience and product line, and adapt machine learning techniques for a variety of server-side, mobile, and desktop environments.
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience with natural language processing, classification, regression, collaborative filtering, or clustering techniques applied to large data sets.
- Proficiency in Java or Python for implementing data and text mining techniques.
- Exposure to Weka, Orange, NLTK, or other common data mining toolkits is a plus.
- Exposure to or interest in Hadoop or Lucene a plus.
- Good understanding of web technologies and Linux/Unix.
- Completed or currently completing Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Pourquoi Evernote ?
Evernote vous permet de capturer facilement des informations à l'aide de votre ordinateur, téléphone mobile ou appareil photo. Elles sont ensuite accessible et peuvent être recherchées à tout moment et en tout lieu.