Senior Operations Engineer / DevOps
Redwood City, CA, United States
At Evernote we build products that make it easy for users to achieve their personal and professional goals and to ultimately be 'a better you' at home, in the office, and everywhere in between.
Evernote Corporation and its subsidiaries have offices in the US, Asia and Europe. Evernote is a global innovator that was named Inc. Magazine’s Company of the Year for 2012, selected as one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and inducted into the Apple App Store Hall of Fame. In addition to being one of the few companies building products for nearly every computer and mobile device on the market, we also foster and support a global community of tens of thousands of developers. We work closely with these individuals to build 3rd party apps, products and services that integrate with the Evernote platform to expand and complement our products and make up the Evernote Life.
- Involved in all aspects of building and maintaining the production infrastructure and services
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Drive the capacity planning process
- Develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions
- Participate in on-call rotation
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience with medium- to large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems and applications including MySQL, Java, Apache
- Tools development experience in scripting and development of systems automation tools (using shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on detailed Linux experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. nagios, cacti, etc.)
- IP network experience: significant experience with switching/routing/security/slb
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Puppet/Chef/etc)
- Experience with big data systems, (e.g. Hadoop)
Working at Evernote:
Working at Evernote means having a unique opportunity to make a huge individual impact on highly visible products across every major smartphone, tablet and computer platform, and the web. We are a team of dedicated and creative individuals with a common vision for helping people live their best life. As we add nearly one hundred thousand new users per day, the pace here is rapid but the rewards are big. Work at Evernote and enjoy a collaborative and relaxed work environment, fantastic benefits, and the knowledge that your work enriches the lives of millions of users worldwide, every day.
Evernote encourages a creative, collaborative and supportive work environment. We want to empower each and every one of our employees to make an impact, and our benefits reflect our unique culture. Here's just one example of this: In an attempt to support employees and shorten their commute times, we offer a monthly subsidy for vehicles with an HOV (high occupancy vehicle) sticker, which, in CA, gives access to the carpool lane. We have EV Charging Stations at the office so you can charge while at work. Additional benefits include...
- Competitive Compensation
- Onsite perks: fitness center, boot camp, yoga, and massage
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Unlimited PTO and vacation subsidy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k, life insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Much more…
Evernote를 사용하면 컴퓨터, 휴대폰 또는 카메라를 사용하여 정보를 쉽게 캡처하고 언제 어디서나 해당 정보에 액세스하고 검색할 수 있습니다.