2021 was a busy year at Evernote. It saw the release of three powerful new features (Home, Tasks, and Calendar) that radically expand what the app can do for you, a revamped lineup of subscription plans that better fit the way you live and work, and a steady drumbeat of updates that have each brought further refinement to the app. Combined, these represent an Evernote that’s evolving into “a true extension of your brain, one that will help you to remember everything and accomplish anything.”
With so much going on, it’s possible that some recent updates may have slipped by unnoticed. Here’s a recap of some of the more notable changes since our last roundup in October. Whatever you want to achieve in 2022, they’ll all help you reach your goals quicker and easier.
From tackling your to-dos to staying on top of your schedule, keep your life on track and achieve more with these new features:
More background options for Home
We’re pretty proud of the background images we provided for Home (after all, we took those photos ourselves!). But you might prefer to see more widgets and not have a background image instead. Now the choice is yours when you click Customize.
Plan your year with 2022 templates
Templates in Evernote save you time and effort, giving you a head start the moment you create a new note. There are more than 50 ready-to-use examples covering work, school, and life—and now they’ve been updated for 2022!
- Monthly Calendar: Keep track of special events, birthdays, and more with this convenient online calendar. You’ll remember all the key dates for each month when you write them down on this user-friendly monthly calendar. We also have a Monthly Calendar that starts on Mondays.
- Annual Calendar: Stay on track with your goals, plan ahead for milestones, and remember important dates in one place with this convenient printable annual calendar. Leave the disorganization of sticky notes behind and make the year count.
- Weekly Planner: Keeping track of your week starts with solid planning. Use our weekly planner template to stay focused on important events and priorities. Add notes to highlight what’s critical each day.
- Daily Planner: Managing a daily schedule is tough. There’s so much to do and only so much time. This daily planner template helps you focus on what’s critical by the hour and use your time more efficiently.
Find them all on our website, or open the template gallery from a new note to get started.
The best of the rest
- We increased the maximum length of a task title from 300 characters to 1000. That’s *checks notes*… 700 more characters for you to make use of.
- Now you can assign tasks to others using just their email address—even if they don’t use Evernote (yet!). Once they receive an assigned task, they’ll be able to mark (or unmark) the task as complete, without having to create an account first.
- You can now see your tasks grouped by: Assigned by me, Assigned to me, Assigned to others, and Unassigned. That’ll make it easier to stay on top of things.
Here are just a few of the recent fixes we’ve made to help you stay on track and get more done with less effort.
- Occasionally, Chinese or Japanese words would disappear from a note. Thankfully, that’s now a thing of the past. どういたしまして！
- If you’re on the By Due Date tab in the Tasks view, tasks in each section are now sorted by due date, so it’s easier to see what you need to work on first.
- We made a number of adjustments to the note editor and the calendar functionality to fix minor bugs and improve performance.
This is only a glimpse at some of the recent functionality we’ve added. For a more complete list, check out our archive of release notes—and make sure you’ve updated to the most recent version today to ensure you have all the latest Evernote features and fixes.
We’re excited for what these latest improvements do to help you manage your busy life, and we look forward to continuing to release updates on a regular basis. Together, they continue to build on Evernote’s original mission of “Remember everything,” to help you do more and accomplish anything.