- LocationSan Diego, CA, Austin, TX, Bothell, WA or Redwood City, CA
As a member of the Data Platform team at Evernote, you will help advance the platform to allow the organization to make data-driven decisions and also improve the product experience. To achieve this, the team currently leverages the power of the Google Cloud Platform and existing open source technologies.
The team is also responsible for building tooling around data while also promoting best practices around it with a focus on user data privacy. We are looking for a driven, detail-oriented and passionate engineer to come to join our growing Data Platform team.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain critical data-pipelines (both batch and streaming) that deliver over a billion events with measurable quality within bounds of defined SLA(s)
- Work with product and engineering managers to build necessary tools to help with their data-related needs
- Build tools and infrastructure that enables external teams (engineers and analysts) to effectively create efficient data-pipelines
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Identify, document and promote best practices
What you’ve done:
- You’ve 5+ years of data engineering experience
- You’ve extensive programming experience in Python/Java
- You have extensive hands-on experience in data modeling, data pipeline design, and development
- You have a deep understanding of data processing frameworks and tools (e.g Beam, Spark, Hive, Kafka etc)
- You are proficient in relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods, and approaches
- Experience with Google Cloud or similar cloud provider is nice to have