- LocationRedwood City, CA
- DepartmentProduct Management
As Director of Product Management for Platform, you’ll own shipping the Evernote experience that reaches 225M+ registered users around the world. Strategically, you’ll be responsible for identifying and defining the core building blocks of the product. For example, how can we deconstruct the primary use cases for Evernote (e.g. meeting notes) into components (e.g. notifications) that can be used in multiple customer experiences? Operationally, you’ll own efficiently bringing solutions to market on mobile and desktop clients through a team of product managers. For example, how can we instrument our apps to drive app store ratings?
This is a key leadership position at Evernote, reporting to the Chief Product Officer. The role requires a technical aptitude combined with cross-functional leadership skills to work with Marketing, Analytics, Design, Engineering, and other functions to deliver high quality user experiences that drive business results for one of Silicon Valley’s first unicorn companies.
What you'll do:
- You’ll define a strategy for translating the end user experiences into their core pieces (e.g. the information architecture of Evernote) that reduces the development effort.
- You will define a cadence and approach for the release trains of Evernote that translates the experiences we aspire to build into operational plans.
- You will hire and manage a team to deliver on these goals and shape what product management at Evernote means.
- You’ll then be responsible for implementing and managing this approach through your team and engineering partners.
- You will lead and facilitate the process for prioritizing how releases come together to ensure quality, predictability, timeliness and results along with the instrumentation to provide insight for further optimization and development.
- You will stay intimately connected to engineering and analytic partners to ensure company-wide alignment around core metrics.
- You will instill disciplined measurement and reporting, including Key Performance Indicators, for each platform.
- You will strategize with the engineering and architecture teams of Evernote to define the long term technical vision for our service (e.g. what role with Machine Learning and AI play in our platform?).
- You will partner with the Director of Product Management for Features to craft requirements for new offerings based on business impact, customer demand and potential to scale into the future.
- You will collaborate with the growth team to drive continuous improvement efforts across new features, core engagement and monetization.
What you've done:
- Demonstrated platform thinking and platform management (ideally in SaaS - either B2B or B2C). Domain expertise with software productivity tools is awesome, but not required.
- Built a track record for shipping product experiences across both desktop and mobile clients - other platforms (e.g. wearables) also a plus but not required - including managing multiple, complex releases.
- Made fact based decisions to drive product and development efficiency.
- Shown strong technical instincts, as you will contribute to Evernote’s technical vision.
- Hired, led and mentored a group of product managers.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
Who you are:
- Love the detail required to ship software products with quality and consistency.
- Break the seemingly complex into simple pieces and embrace the technical challenge of deconstructing a solution into its root parts.
- Appreciate a well run process but don’t love process for its sake alone.
- Desire for impact at scale and an ability to make solid business decisions based on the data available at the time.
- Ability to lead projects and establish effective working relationships across a complex and matrixed organization with multiple geographies.
- Listen and remain respectful while making decisions that can’t please everyone at once.
- Maintain a boundless sense of humor in stressful situations