- LocationRedwood City, CA
- DepartmentProduct Management
About the role:
Are you a champion for security and trusted identity? Do you possess a high level of empathy for customers that want a simple, easy to use login and account management process? The Product Manager for Profile and Authentication will lead the efforts for building out the identity management and user preferences functions for Evernote's users, ensures the login and authentication process is both frictionless and sound.
You will work closely with our best engineers and a customer centric cross functional team to apply industry standards in identity and authentication, a robust profile management capability and personalize the user experience to each customer's needs.
To achieve these goals, we’re looking for a product manager who can drive a strategy and execute a test-and-learn roadmap to decide at which key points in the customer journey should they be required to log-in, how to demonstrate federated identity, what forms of authentication and verification should we require, and how do we optimize these flows to reduce friction. You will also improve the customer’s ability to augment their identity information through their customer profile to increase trust between participants in the marketplace.
What you will do:
- Own the Profile Management & authentication functions lifecycle, from discovery to implementation
- Work with cross-functional engineering, product, design, security and marketing leaders to develop the profile and identity roadmap, balancing long-term objectives with near-term improvements
- Define detailed use cases, product requirements, and manage the team backlog of improvements
- Oversee the selection, cross-functional build-out, and extension of front-end and back-end features required to support our Account Management & Security platforms.
- Improve instrumentation and the use of data in quantitative user behavior research to making decisions and gain user insight
- Monitor and investigate customer feedback and customer support metrics
What you have done:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Manager or Technical Product manager
- Shown success in defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technical background, with experience in open identity standards preferred, including OAuth 2, SAML, OpenID Connect, and SCIM
Who you are:
- Highly organized and a natural problem-solver
- Passionate about finding the intersection of good user experience and proper identity verification
- Ability to establish effective working relationships across groups
- Articulate, thoughtful and confident while able to listen and incorporate different perspectives to balance competing goals