- LocationAustin, TX. Redwood City, CA. Bothell, WA. San Diego, CA
About the team
We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. As an engineer on Evernote’s Growth Messaging team, you’ll design, build and scale the NextGen Messaging engine powered by Machine learning-based personalization for communicating with over 200 million users on a daily basis.
If you are driven, result-oriented and passionate individual who likes to make a direct impact on the company’s key business metrics like bookings and revenue growth, we would like to speak with you. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time.
What you'll do
- Design and build NextGen messaging engine
- Develop microservices with our new Kubernetes-based service deployment system in Google Cloud Platform
- Raise the bar on Operational Excellence by building dashboards, monitors & alerts for your features
- Lead and drive end to end execution of the projects
- Collaborate with Product & Marketing to build engaging customer journeys
- Drive software engineering best practices
What you've done:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Designed and built microservices with focus on scale, reliability, availability, and security
- Proficient in Java or Node.js
- Understand containerization using Docker or similar technologies
- Deployed software in Google, AWS, Azure or similar cloud-native technologies
- Consistently delivered high-quality software in a timely manner
Who you are:
- Strongly believe in “you build it, you own it” mindset
- You hold yourself accountable for delivering results
- You work well with teams and help those around you improve
- You have a growth mindset
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.