- LocationAustin, TX; Bothell, Washington; Redwood City, CA; Remote; San Diego, CA; Viña del Mar, Chile; Santiago, Chile
* Please upload your resume in English - Por favor suba su CV en inglés *
About the team
The Evernote Design team is the creative collective responsible for producing a coherent and delightful user experience, from sign-up to the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that tame information overload and enhance people’s lives at work and at play by allowing them to focus on what truly matters most.
What you'll do
As a Senior Product Design manager, you will lead, inspire and contribute alongside an incredible group of designers, partnered with a tight-knit team of developers, product managers, marketers and customer support representatives to drive measurable customer impact. You will envision and execute a wide range of strategies and tactics for guiding people on their journey to engage with and ultimately realize the full potential of Evernote. You will work with the team to craft memorable product experiences that reinvent how people organize information and transform it into actions that help them accomplish anything.
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are meaningful and delightful for real people.
- Ensure that ideas are carried from inception through development and beyond, often encompassing multiple rounds of iteration.
- Oversee the definition and quality execution of A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs, UI mockups, prototypes, technical specs, and production assets.
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative solutions and informed design decisions that drive positive, quantifiable customer outcomes.
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity and behavioral coherence across products.
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
- Balance a large volume of design initiatives at high velocity while keeping your head on straight.
- Learn. All the time, every day.
Requirements and Skills
- The capability to formulate and present an evidence-based point of view that supports design decisions; there’s a lot of debate on the team and you should embrace and be energized by that.
- Eagerness to take initiative and ownership of projects and their outcomes, and instill the same in team members.
- Experience leading the design of engaging user experiences for both web and native desktop and mobile apps.
- Strong visual/interaction design and motion/prototyping skills and the ability to provide effective coaching, critique and design direction.
- Proficiency in applying and teaching user-centered design thinking methodologies and rapid iterative experimentation methods.
- Conversant in design prototyping techniques to generate both lo- and hi-fidelity stimulus, knowing when to utilize which approach.
- Have a proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish. Not required, but highly preferred.
- Have 8+ years of relevant product experience, hiring, managing and coaching teams of talented product designers.
- Hold a B.A., B.S. or M.A. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.