Important: Before applying, please consider the following:
* Upload your resume in English, otherwise we can't review it.
* This position can be Remote, hybrid or any Chile office in Santiago or Viña del Mar.
Evernote is a place for individuals and teams to assemble, nurture, and share ideas in any form. We’ve assembled an incredibly talented, diverse, and spirited team to build products that impact the lives of millions of people around the world. Our employees enjoy access to the best tools available, an open and collaborative work environment, and end each day knowing that they’ve made a tangible impact.
The Evernote app is available across platforms on desktop, mobile, or on the web, meaning your ideas are always with you, always accessible, and always in sync. We believe that no idea is too big to lead or too small to matter, and continually develop a service and reputation based on innovation and trust.
About the team
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with deep TypeScript and NodeJS experience to join our Platform engineering team. On this team you will help develop and drive the backbone of our next-generation clients. Data storage, syncing, optimistic and offline graph mutations and platform abstractions are at the forefront of our efforts-- we provide the APIs that our client teams leverage to deliver best-in-class experiences to our users.
What you'll do
- Help to drive the next generation client experiences for our users
- Write clean and reusable code for Evernote’s core backend software systems
- Collaborate with your immediate team and across teams to deliver performant solutions
- Work heavily in Typescript, driving best practices
- Drive generic, schema written designs for easy adoption across feature teams
- Participate in code review processes to objectively help your teammates learn
- Use Agile methodologies to ensure predictable work delivery
What you've done:
- 5+ years software development in a Cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- 3+ years experience using Kubernetes
- 3+ years experience using Istio service mesh
- Built scalable and maintainable applications with Typescript, and NodeJS
- Made software design decisions and weighed in on choices that impacted everything from product design to team process, from system architecture to algorithmic improvements
- Used integration and unit testing methodologies heavily to ensure consistently working
Who you are:
- You are a clear communicator
- You hold yourself accountable for delivering consistent results
- You know how to create software that scales to millions of users
- You are self-driven and self-sufficient
- You work comfortably with others, especially those in different time zones
Through Evernote's Work from (almost) Anywhere Program, employees are given the flexibility to work in a remote, on-site, or hybrid setting. The majority of our positions are open to remote candidates located almost anywhere in the United States.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our employees and their families continues to be a top priority. At this time, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. In order to provide and maintain a safe workplace, we have also adopted COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location which may include vaccination or testing requirements in accordance with applicable laws. Please speak with your recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
Evernote’s current US offices are located in Redwood City, CA, San Diego, CA, and Austin, TX. Evernote’s International offices include Santiago, Chile, Viña del Mar, Chile, and Tokyo, Japan.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.