Before applying, please consider the following:
* Upload your resume in English, otherwise we can't review it.
* This position can be Remote within Chile, hybrid or onsite in our offices in Santiago or Viña del Mar.
Evernote is a place for individuals and teams to assemble, nurture, and share ideas in any form. We’ve assembled an incredibly talented, diverse, and spirited team to build products that impact the lives of millions of people around the world. Our employees enjoy access to the best tools available, an open and collaborative work environment, and end each day knowing that they’ve made a tangible impact.
The Evernote app is available across platforms on desktop, mobile, or on the web, meaning your ideas are always with you, always accessible, and always in sync. We believe that no idea is too big to lead or too small to matter, and continually develop a service and reputation based on innovation and trust.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Productivity Engineering team, which focuses on creating and supporting cross-platform automated testing frameworks and tools. On this team, you will help design, develop, and support the required test automation framework and tools to support high-quality Evernote products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop foundational automation pieces and methodologies to solve unique problems and challenges with automated testing across cross-platform apps
- improve test stability, speed, coverage, performance, and reliability of the automated tests
- Identify the bottlenecks in running automation and create the solutions for resolving them
- Find ways to detect and improve code health in a fast-paced environment
- Design and deploy systems to monitor, measure, and predict test automation stability
- Architect and contribute to the cross-platform test frameworks to make the creation of tests simple & easy
- Evangelize and drive adoption of best practices in code health, quality, test automation, reusability, maintainability, and reliability
- Partner with engineering teams to streamline the build and release process, increase test automation coverage, and maximize product quality with a data-driven approach
- You will extend and maintain existing automation frameworks, actively identify areas for improvement and implement the changes.
- Collaborate with your immediate team and across teams to deliver comprehensive tests
- Use Agile methodologies to ensure predictable work delivery.
What you’ve done:
- 5+ years experience as Software Engineer.
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues, and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverable
- Experience implementing systems in Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience in test automation, extensible test framework design, and development.
- Hands-on experience with any of the CI/CD tools and processes like Jenkins, Spinnaker
- A great plus to have hands on experience with TypeScript, Mocha, JBehave, Appium
- Experience with git, Maven, and understanding of Microservices architecture
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines, and demonstrates problem-solving skills
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.