Forgot your password or want to change it?
If you forgot your password, follow these steps:
- From a browser, go to the Evernote Web login
- Click "Reset your password" link
- Enter your email address or account username
- Check your email for a link to reset your password. You may need to check your Spam folder or a corporate email filter for this message.
If you know your current password but want to change it or you received an email to change it, please follow the below steps to change your password:
- From a browser, go to the Evernote Web login page
- Log in using your current username and password
- At the top corner, click on your username or your name > Account Settings > Security Summary (login required) > Change Password
- For security reasons, check each of your Evernote applications for updates and install them. Typically you will find updates inside the application settings under "Check for Updates". On mobile devices, you can check the app store for your device for updates.
- Enter your new password from step (1) into each of your applications when prompted. Note: Any third-party applications that you had previously authorized will need to be reauthorized by logging in to that program individually.
If you would like to confirm or update the email address we have on file for you after you have successfully logged in to your account, you can do so from the Personal Settings page here.
If you no longer have access to your account's email address:
- Go to our support ticket page
- Select continue as Guest
- In the description of your ticket, write out your current and any previous email addresses. Do NOT include passwords.
- Please indicate whether you've ever been a paying Evernote Premium user or if you've always been a free Evernote user
Submit your ticket and please wait for a response.
- If you previously were a paying Evernote Premium user, attach a payment receipt for your Evernote Premium account. You should have this in email or in your Paypal, Google Checkout, or iTunes account. If you used a gift certificate to upgrade your account, please type in that gift code as we can use it to verify your account.
Here are some examples of Evernote receipts. Take a screenshot or copy and paste the information from these into your support ticket.