How do I deactivate my Evernote account?
Deactivating your account means you are turning off your account access. You will be able to reactivate your inactive account by logging in with your old username or email address and password and following the instructions for reactivation, unless you take the steps to completely remove your email address and username from our system (see step 5). Evernote doesn’t automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account.
To deactivate your account:
- Cancel your Evernote subscription. If you are paying for Evernote, you will need to cancel your subscription through the service which you subscribed. See full details about managing your subscription in this article.
- Export your notes. You can export your notes as HTML or XML files by following the steps in this article.
- Delete your notes. Evernote doesn’t automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account. If you want to delete any notes or notebooks before you deactivate, learn how in this article.
- Deactivate your account. To deactivate your Evernote account, log in to Evernote Web and click the "Deactivate Account" link in the account settings. You'll need to confirm the deactivation on the next page.
- (OPTIONAL) Contact us to completely remove your email address and username. Contact Evernote Support and let them know that you have deactivated your account and that you want your account information removed from Evernote’s system.
To reactivate an inactive account, just log in using your old username/email address and password, then follow the instructions.