How do I refer a friend to Evernote?
How does the Evernote referral program work?
When you invite friends to Evernote, you can earn points when they get started using it. Here's how it works:
- The first 3 friends you successfully refer to Evernote will earn you 10 Evernote Points each. For details on what a successful referral is, see below.
- You'll keep earning 5 points when any friend you referred, even beyond the first three, purchases Evernote Premium for the first time. There's no limit to the total amount of points you can earn.
Your friends also benefit from referrals. Every friend you refer - regardless of whether they earn points for you - will be given a month of Evernote Premium just for getting started.
How can I use the Evernote Points I earn?
You can use Evernote Points to get Evernote Premium. Points are nontransferable.
You can also learn more about the features and benefits of Evernote Premium by visiting the Evernote Premium page.
How do I invite friends?
Go to the referral webpage and sign in to Evernote if you aren't already logged in. Once you have signed in, you can invite friends using any of the following methods:
- Send your friends an email. Just enter your friends' email addresses in the field then hit Invite. They'll receive an email with a unique referral link.
- Post your referral link to a social media account such as Twitter or Facebook. Click the button for the network that you'd prefer and follow the steps to create your post.
- Copy and paste your referral link. Clicking the link button allows you to copy/paste your link into a chat window, into an email, or any other way that you connect with friends, family, and colleagues.
When your friends click on the link, they will be prompted to create an Evernote account.
What counts as a successful referral?
In order for your referrals to successfully earn you points, the people you invite must do both of the following:
- Create a new Evernote account by clicking your unique link.
- Install Evernote and log in on a computer, phone, or tablet.
Logging in on a browser does not qualify as a referral. Each referral must be on a separate device that has not been used for any other referral. For example: if two people share a computer, you can only earn points for the first person that creates an account on that computer. If the second person both creates an account and logs in on a mobile phone or other device, you would then earn points for that user as well.
For full terms and conditions about the Evernote Referral Program, please see the Evernote Commercial Terms. Learn more about Evernote Points in our Knowledge Base article.