SCANSNAP EVERNOTE EDITION BRINGS SEAMLESS SCAN-TO-ORGANIZED WORKFLOW TO MARKET
New Scanner Combines Leading Technologies from Evernote and PFU, a Fujitsu Company, to Eliminate Paper Distraction and Get Organized with Evernote
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 26, 2013 – PFU, a Fujitsu company and makers of top-selling home scanning solutions, and Evernote, the company whose products are helping people work smarter and live better, today introduced the ScanSnap Evernote Edition, a scanning experience that’s been reimagined from start to finish. The result of a months-long engineering and design collaboration, the ScanSnap Evernote Edition marries the speed and precision of the ScanSnap line with Evernote’s rich organization and sync features for the most refined scanner-to-service integration on the market.
The ScanSnap Evernote Edition elegantly handles all manner of paper clutter from receipts and business cards to personal documents and photos. With the press of a button, the ScanSnap Evernote Edition takes just one minute to transform a pile of up to 25 double sided documents of any type into crisp, clear scans that are sent to Evernote. Those notes are then automatically organized by type in Evernote, making them searchable and accessible from just about any device.
“Evernote gives people a simple yet powerful way to organize their ideas and information digitally. We thought paper deserved an equally elegant solution. Through our collaboration with PFU and their leading ScanSnap technologies, the ScanSnap Evernote Edition finally delivers one,” said Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote.
The ScanSnap Evernote Edition ($495 MSRP) ships with a year of Evernote Premium (a $45 value) and will be available in the United States, Canada and Japan in late October 2013 via www.evernote.com/market.
"We truly share Evernote's idea of continuing to innovate like a start-up for 100-years," said Kiyoshi Hasegawa, president of PFU Limited (Japan). "Today, we used that philosophy to create our best scanning experience in every aspect for ScanSnap and Evernote users both."
The one-year of Evernote Premium included with the ScanSnap Evernote Edition lets consumers enjoy advanced features of Evernote including a larger monthly limit upload limit (up to 1GB), the ability to read notes offline, more security and encryption features for sensitive documents, additional sharing options and faster customer support.
The ScanSnap Evernote Edition comes in a custom gray color with elegant soft-touch finish that is exclusive to the model. Product shots and further technical details are available at www.evernote.com/market.
The ScanSnap Evernote Edition scanner, enhanced with USB 3.0 connectivity, provides a deep, intuitive Evernote integration that no other document management solution offers. New and innovative features of the ScanSnap Evernote Edition include:
- Deep Evernote Integration: Documents are scanned directly into Evernote where they are organized by type, become instantly searchable by keywords and are then instantly synched across every device associated with a user’s Evernote account.
- Evernote Business Integration: For organizations using Evernote’s SMB-focused Evernote Business, scans can be saved directly to shared Business Notebooks, making them instantly available to a designated workgroup or across the entire organization.
- Fast, Simple Set-up: With no software discs or lengthy installs to contend with, set-up of the ScanSnap Evernote Edition takes just minutes to go from unboxing to viewing your first successful scans.
- Faster Scanning Performance: Utilizing the increased power of its engine and “GI” image processor, the ScanSnap Evernote Edition can create PDF files at speeds of up to 25 double-sided pages per minute (300dpi, color)
- Advanced Document Feeding System: Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology driving higher-end scanners from ScanSnap, this Evernote Edition achieves exceptional feeding reliability using enhanced “Separation Roller” technology to maximize reliability and speed across a wide range of documents and paper types.
Evernote builds apps and products that help people remember everything, work effectively and achieve personal and professional success. Privately held, Evernote is a global company headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout the world. For more information about Evernote and its products, visit www.evernote.com.
About PFU Limited
PFU Limited, a subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, is a $1.2 billion global enterprise that designs, develops, manufactures, sells and maintains computer hardware, imaging scanners, peripheral products, enterprise software, systems and network security solutions. Based on its more than 50 years of IT experience in Japan and proven, high quality products, PFU Ltd. is recognized as a leading technology company. For more information, visit http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/en/.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, please call us at 800-626-4686. For more information, please see: http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa