Effective: January 1, 2020.
Evernote retains and processes a range of personal information, some of which relates to the individuals who apply to work for us. This Privacy Notice includes information about the personal information Evernote Corporation (“we,” “us,” “our”) processes about job applicants or other individuals who apply to work for Evernote and third parties whose information is provided to us in connection with the application, such as references.
If you accept an offer from us, we will process further information from you in your capacity as an employee or contractor, described in our Privacy Notice for People Data (provided as part of the on-boarding process).
The Categories of Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect information you provide directly to us, information that we obtain from third parties, and information about you that we develop during our interaction with you. The types of personal information we may collect or develop include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, visas and work authorizations, and information regarding your professional references;
- Demographic information, when required by law, such as your gender, date of birth, racial or ethnic origin, veteran status, disability status and organizations you are a member of;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, as may be required during the hiring process, such as the results of an online skill test;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information, such as cameras and CCTV we install on our premises for security or safety, if you come to one of our locations for an interview;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your resume, cover letter, references, employment application, skill sets, accolades received, information provided by references, background checks, our assessment of recruitment information;
- Education information, such as information about your education contained in your resume
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above;
- Other information that supports our human resources operations.
The Purposes for Which We May Use Personal Information
We may use personal information about you related to the assessment of your application, in compliance with our legal obligations, in the legitimate interests of Evernote, and where we have your consent. These purposes include:
- administering the application process and assessing your skills, qualifications and suitability for the position, including information verification;
- carrying out compliance functions;
- conducting consultations or negotiations directly or through representatives;
- maintaining your application record for current and future hiring processes, including to communicate with you and providing you with information regarding potential career opportunities that suit your profile;
- complying with regulatory rules to which we may be subject;
- monitoring and action programs to ensure equality of opportunity;
- as otherwise related to your application to work for Evernote.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com