- LocationSan Diego, CA or Redwood City, CA
- DepartmentProduct Management
As Director of Product Management for Features, you’ll own the way 225 million registered users experience Evernote. You’ll be responsible for identifying and combining the core building blocks of the product into experiences that deliver immediate value for our users. Should we target a specific vertical? What use cases are most relevant for our users? How can we utilize the more than 9 billion notes users have created to help them remember everything, transform ideas into action, and succeed together? It will be up to you to decide.
This is a key leadership position at Evernote, reporting to the Chief Product Officer. The role involves defining a creative, visionary, cross-functional strategy for our products, in collaboration with Marketing, Analytics, Design, Engineering, and other functions to accomplish meaningful customer and business goals through our product lines.
What you'll do:
- You will define and communicate a strategy and roadmap for Evernote to target specific use cases and verticals. As part of this, you will develop and maintain deep domain knowledge about individual productivity and team collaboration, related to information management.
- You will lead and facilitate the efficient execution of ongoing planning for new features and experience, in alignment with the product strategy. For example, how should Evernote be used in meetings? What type of task management makes the most sense for Evernote?
- You will stay intimately connected to our customers by continually learning about them and engaging with them through a variety of methods, including user research, focus groups, usage analytics, sales calls, etc.
- You will craft requirements for new offerings based on business impact, customer demand and proven thought leadership.
- You will collaborate with a diverse, multi-functional team to deliver regular, impactful updates to Evernote products, from conception to launch (understand business needs, prioritize features, create PRDs, plan the release, etc.)
- You will work cross-functionally with an incredible team, along with various top-tier external partners, to ensure an extraordinary ‘whole product’ Evernote experience.
- You will manage discipline around measurement and reporting of success, including Key Performance Indicators, for each product offering.
- You will hire and manage a team to achieve the goals above and shape what product management at Evernote means.
What you've done:
- Experienced the highs and lows of SaaS products. Domain expertise with software productivity tools preferred, but not required.
- Conceived, developed, launched and managed rapid-growth products.
- Made repeated, high quality, fact-based decisions to drive product enhancements through user testing, data analysis, and A/B testing.
- Shown an instinct for end-users’ unarticulated needs.
- Hired, led and mentored a group of product managers.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
Who you are:
- Passion for building beautifully crafted, creative experiences – incredible attention to detail in language, usability and design.
- Desire for impact at scale and an ability to make solid business decisions based on the data available at the time.
- Ability to lead projects and establish effective working relationships across a complex and matrixed organization with multiple geographies.
- Articulate, persuasive, and confident while able to listen and incorporate different perspectives to balance competing goals.
- Maintain a boundless sense of humor in stressful situations