Guide to Using Evernote with Post-it® Notes
Use Evernote to transform one of the world’s most powerful productivity tools into a beautiful, digitally enhanced format that makes it easy to search, share, and access Post-it® Notes from all your devices.
A few great ways you can use Post-it® Notes with Evernote:
- Easily capture, organize, and search handwritten notes
- Get pop-up and email Reminders to notify you of Post-it® Notes with deadlines and events
- Brainstorm with Post-it® Notes and keep a digital, searchable record
Find out which Post-it® Notes work best with Evernote.
Which Post-it® Notes Work Best with Evernote?
Types of notes
The following Post-it® Notes are compatible with Evernote:
- Standard (3 x 3 inch) square Post-it® Notes
typically used for jotting down ideas, doodles, and brainstorming
- Post-it® Big Pad (11 x 11 inch)
a larger size especially useful for collaborative team sessions or for sketching out more complex concepts and ideas which require more space
Post-it® Notes optimized for Evernote
For the best experience with Post-it® Notes for Evernote, capture notes in the following colors:
- Electric Yellow
- Electric Blue
- Neon Pink
How Evernote enhances these Post-it® Notes
When you capture notes in these optimized colors, Evernote automatically performs the following enhancements:
- Automatic organization with Evernote notebooks, tags, and Reminders
- Drawing and text contrast is improved
- Note tilt and rotation will be corrected
- Note edges will be perfectly cropped
Note holders designed for Post-it® Notes with Evernote
Evernote teamed up with 3M to create custom note holders. You can choose from the following two Evernote Post-it® Note Holders:
- Four stackable, single note holders
- Quad note holders with four separate sections
Complimentary Evernote Premium
Purchase Post-it® Super Sticky Notes, Big Pad, or the single Note Holder and receive 1 month of Evernote Premium. Purchase the quad Post-it Note Holder and receive 3 months of Evernote Premium. You may redeem one, one-month code per 12 month period and one, three-month code per 12 month period. Redeem your Evernote Premium here.
Start capturing Post-it® Notes into Evernote.
Capture Notes with the Post-it® Note camera
The Evernote Post-it® Note mode is specially designed to enhance and transform your Post-it® Notes into beautiful, digital replicas of all your notes.
Post-it® Notes capture is available on Evernote for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
How to capture notes using the Post-it® Note Mode
Write clearly and legibly on a Post-it® Note with any type of pen or ink. Then, go through the following steps to capture your notes into Evernote:
Start the Evernote Post-it® Note camera
- Android: Tap the Camera icon and select the Post-it® camera
- iPhone: Swipe anywhere in the image capture area to select the Post-it® Note camera
- Windows Phone: Swipe to select the Post-it® camera at the top of the screen
Take the photo
Position the Post-it® Note so that it is visible inside the frame and snap the photo.
Preview and save
To preview the captured note(s) first, tap the Preview icon. From here you can select particular pages to keep or discard. To discard a note, tap the Discard (or trash bin) icon.
View Post-it® Notes
If you keep shooting photos, Evernote will capture the whole group of Post-it® Notes into a single Evernote note. To save each Post-it® Note as an individual Evernote note, just confirm and save after each photo, then start a new note for the next image.
Once you have saved your Post-it® Notes to Evernote, you can easily organize them and set Reminders for them
Organize & Set Reminders
Once Post-it® Notes have been captured into Evernote, you can organize them into notebooks, tag them, and set Reminders as you would with any other note in Evernote.
For the best experience, however, use Post-it® Notes optimized for Evernote (Post-it® Notes in Electric Yellow, Limeade, Electric Blue, and Neon Pink) where each Post-it® Notes note color can be automatically assigned to one Evernote notebook, one Evernote tag, and one Post-it® Notes Reminder.
Assign notebooks, tags, and Reminders
To customize your Post-it® Note Settings, do the following:
Go to your account Settings
iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone: Tap your account username
Android: Tap the Options button in the top-right corner
Go to Post-it® Notes settings
iPhone and iPad: Select General > Camera > Post-it® Notes
Android: Select Post-it® Notes
Windows Phone: Select General > Post-it® Notes
- Select the Post-it® Note color to change its associated notebook, tag, or Reminder.
An example of how you could organize your Post-it® Notes in Evernote:
- Electric Yellow Post-it® Notes – Save to a “To do” notebook with Reminders and view all of them in the Reminders List
By default, Electric Yellow Post-it® Notes come preset with Reminders
- Limeade Post-it® Notes – Tag as “To Share," so you can easily identify notes you would like to share with others
- Electric Blue Post-it® Notes – Save into a “Design Ideas” notebook
- Neon Pink Post-it® Notes – Save into a “Leisure” or “Just for Fun” notebook
Search handwritten notes
Once a Post-it® Note is saved into Evernote, all handwritten text on the note is recognized and becomes searchable. Just search for any word inside Evernote and all notes containing that word will appear.