April 15, 2021 updates
We have updated and organized our Privacy Center to make readability improvements and to make information easier to locate. Specifically:
April 15, 2021 updates to the January 1, 2020 version:
- Readability improvements, such as grammar and language changes for clarity.
- Added Region-Specific Information at new location at: https://evernote.com/privacy/regional to:
- added a section that explains Brazilian residents’ consumer rights under the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (Law No. 13,709/18 or “LGPD”).
January 1, 2020 updates to the May 25, 2018 version:
- Addition of a section that explains California residents’ data rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Readability improvements.
- Clarifies data transfers from the EEA and the UK (in preparation for Brexit).
May 25, 2018 updates to the July 3, 2017 version:
- Introduces a section that explains European Union residents data rights under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Clarifies Evernote’s data retention practices.
- Formatting and readability improvements to the types of information Evernote collects, including an expandable section to better present the detailed scenarios.
- Links to our new Vendors page that includes third party vendors who process data on Evernote’s behalf.
January 1, 2020:
- Added privacy notice for job applicants.
April 15, 2021 updates to the August 28, 2017 version:
- We updated the list of analytics technologies and social media features we use, and we updated information about how you can opt out of certain tracking technologies.
For updates related to our terms of service, commercial terms and other legal pages, please visit here.
In the event of a conflict, the English language version shall govern.